Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Here I am, back again

Well, well, well, its January, and I'm back! Apparently its resolution time, or my re-determination to cook as much as possible (and more importantly, keep track of it all). Perhaps its being housebound instead of out frolicking enjoying summer and fall, or busy with holiday preparation and traveling. Perhaps its a lighter, less busy schedule in my industry (yes, still THAT industry) around this time. In any case, I'm re-(re?) dedicating myself to writing here (instead of spending the majority of my internet time reading other food blogs). Maybe (hopefully?) no one else will ever read it, and this will be a way for me to keep track of what I cook, recipes I use, adjustments I make, and what I would change next time. I already have a hand-written kitchen journal, but (surprise!) I don't always mark things down there either.

Anyway, I finally have a "camera" (iphone4s), and have done a substantial amount of cooking lately. There is a blood orange marmalade (with gorgeous pictures) that I will post about asap. I also wanted to write about what I made last night (mostly for my own reference, sorry).

Deborah Madison's Basic French Lentils
I omitted the Cognac, used half/half water/chicken stock, and no additional shallots at the end.

served on creamy garlic mashed potatoes, with green beans, and

Garlic butter roasted mushrooms
I tried to half this, but perhaps should have used a bit more butter/oil, as there wasn't really any delicious garlickyness to mop up. The garlic itself was quite darkly "browned" - but still soooooo good in my opinion.

Well, here's crossing my fingers that I actually follow through on this somewhat regularly. Those blood orange marmalade pics are screaming to be adored.

No comments:

Post a Comment